Making up the truth

...and other stuff that doesn't matter

Friday, March 07, 2008

Compressed

Last week at work my manager was pulling her car out to re-park it behind the building before the lunch rush started, and someone ran into her. It smashed her car pretty bad, and the guy didn't really care, he kept saying "I don't know how it happened". Clearly the man ran right into her with his car. That's what happened.

After she went and parked, she told us the story, about an hour later, someone came from the store behind us and told us that one of the cars or our newest employee was the victim of vandals. We went out to check and found that someone had busted out her window and stolen a binder that had personal info including social security and such things as that. One other car of the five that were parked in the row had a shattered window but it wasn't broken out, it also belonged to an employee. most people stopped parking there, the managers and I still parked in the back along with one or two other brave employees. I had some suspicions about who it might have been but nothing to real go on other than a hunch.
Today, My window was broken out. Nothing was stolen, just broken. I didn't get to upset about it, I just don't see where it is going to stop. I still think that I know who did it, and I think that I have a stronger case against that person. I am pretty sure that if I caught the person doing it, I would hurt them. I didn't file a police report, I didn't see the point. my insurance doesn't cover things like that. What do I do? I could make a poor accusation based on my intuition. Or I can just deal, like everybody else. I have never had anything stolen from me, and I have never had anything like this happen before. It's not the biggest deal in the world, it's just some glass. I just don't understand what lets a person think that it's OK to do thinks like that.
I guess this one's a vent.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home