Making up the truth

...and other stuff that doesn't matter

Monday, October 04, 2010

This Older House

It has now been one week since completing the purchase of our first home. I guess I thought it would be a little bit more sobering, or maybe it would leave me feeling stressed out at the thought of all the new debt. Another thought was that maybe I would feel a sense of pride or accomplishment.
The truth of the matter (for the millions of desperately interested readers) is that aside from the day the purchase was made. I really haven't had much thought about tia at all. It hasn't been stressful or joyful really. Maybe it has to hit me later. It may happen when I am sitting in the living room watching the fire burn down, or maybe it will happen when we have our first flood from faulty or clogged plumbing.
Although I don't have the most experienced eye, I pay attention to tiny details, like the line within our loan agreement that stated I was required to maintain the property for the duration of the loan. I don't legally have the option of letting things go unnoticed and that seems strange to me. Maybe I don't feel like it is mine yet.
I have found that I don't really care to much if anyone else loves this house. My wife loves this house, and she loves me, and she wants to live with me in that house. That makes the house and whatever does or doesn't come with it...
just what I was looking for.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home